Saturday, June 30, 2012

The End Is In Sight!

Well! The practicum is going quicker than ever and as bad as I wish I could take them with me to Brookings I cannot. I have about 2.5-3 weeks left of my internship at AcV2 architecture. It has been quite the experience and boy has it been really good. I can't imagine anyone having as much fun and actually knowing their boss like I do? What boss invites you over to dinner with her family, or brings you cake on your birthday, or text you to tell you that Magic Mike is my birthday gift?! Haha. I have learned so much it is hard to pin point it but this whole experience will forever be with me. I have went to meetings that deal with different professionals that make a clients design their dreamland, I have went to networking and saw some SDSU alumni, and spend many days researching, modeling, and learning about the business side of the profession. I have impacted them to right? Duh! I ordered a zillion materials and built the shelves to hold all of them. I know my sketch up skills won't be forgotten when I get back to school also. I have been doing some of the same things as my last update and working on a few different projects. I will do my week 6 homework this coming week and than next will be my Final Review. I will be finishing up on the 20th of July after I attend AIA Meetings: Design in the Hills! I am really excited to attend this and networking with design professionals here in South Dakota. Patri and Emily have given me everything plus more of what I and even Tina expected from an internship. 
I will be finishing up, getting some cavities filled, spending some time with Paul here at home and then heading back to Brookings on the 24th for weddings that are all throughout August...I guess it's wedding season? I cannot wait to get back to Brookings to a house I am paying rent for and to have all my stuff back, not to mention be close to the farm and Paul. I never figured in a million years how attached I would become to Brookings and how much it feels like home. It is hard being here and having no contact to anyone my age outside of work. Hopefully I can find a job in Brookings since this semester I don't have as many classes. 
I will hopefully remember to do one final post on my internship once it is over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment