Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 4

Alright, so my blisters have had enough! Thank goodness there were no rushing tours today with our tour guide because it would have not ended well. Today we got to start a little later and with just our professor we went to a doughnut place then walked to the Brooklyn Bridge while taking some photos of the Frank  Gehry Beekman Tower, it was rather interesting but thinking of the architects, designers, and builders you felt bad for making such a thing. After that I receommened to go to St. Paul Chapel where a lot of emergency workers and people came during 9/11 to sleep, pray, eat, and just relax during that time. When my mother went it was way different and still had pews now it has turned more into a museum but still very cool. The pew that was left was so scuffed up and distressed from all the workers coming to sleep on them and smacking boots and gear on the edges. The place gave you goosebumps and was kind of an emotional place with all the displayed pieces. After we left we made our way down to Ground Zero. We stopped at the little pre tour/ gift shop space and I bought some things and looked at everything and then made our way to the memorial pools and where the new towers are going up. One tower is almost complete and is so cool. I remember the photos my mom brought home when she went in 2002ish and it was complete changed and you would have never known. It is so crazy to think that kids that are that age I was when it happened have no recollection of it even happening. The pools that are there now are pretty interesting, apparently the hole that is there that the water drops into you cannot see the bottom anywhere you stand so it is just a black hole and the water disappearing into it. It represents so much. After that we made our way to SoHo to start our assignment of comparing retail spaces. It didn't go so well as we got rejected by Hugo Boss and everyone kind of thought we were weird haha. I would rather not do homework. One day left of NYC and I couldn't be more excited. People here are either really fast paced or really slow, not to mention sassy and rude. I miss my midwest people. We will be going to Materials Connecxtion and the Guggenheim. I feel like there is so much to do here but not enough time. Maybe I will come back sometime and see it all and not with school.
Here are some photos from today.
Pig in the City probably will not happen as people already look like we are crazy and don't want to attract anymore attention and like I said way to fast paced around here.











No comments:

Post a Comment